You're invited to join us for
TEEOCA's October 3rd Lunch and Learn
from 11:30 to 1:00 at Tulsa Country Club
Topic: “Veterans Transitioning Back into the Workforce & Complying with EEOC and ADA”
Presenter: Sandra Oxford, Manager of Tulsa Veteran's Center
Please join us in learning valuable information for employers, such as:
- Veterans’ Preference - Provides information to disabled veterans and those who served on active duty in the Armed Forces during certain specified time periods or in military campaigns. These individuals are entitled to preference over non-veterans both in federal hiring practices and in retention during reductions in force.
- Hiring policies that companies can implement as part of their EEOC internal policy.
- Job Applicants and the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Employers eligibility for a federal tax credit for hiring an individual who participated in a VET vocational rehabilitation program.
- The Disabled Access Credit (IRC Section 144) - a tax credit for eligible small business that pays or incurs expenses to provide access to persons with disabilities. The expenses must be to enable the eligible small business comply with the Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA).
- The Veterans Job Training Act that provides training costs for employers of long-term unemployed veterans of the Korean conflict or the Vietnam era.
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit for businesses that hire individuals from certain qualified groups, of which one is disabled people who completed or are completing rehabilitative services from a state or the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs.
About our speaker:
Sandra L. Oxford is the Manager at Tulsa Vet Center. She's been a Veteran Representative for the Oklahoma Employment Security Commission for over 14 years.
Her primary focus is to assist veterans in employment, try to assist to overcome obstacles such as resumes, job applications. She also helps returning veterans understand their benefits, assists them in referrals to veteran agencies, and gets them referred to services they might need in transitioning from military to their own communities. She assists veterans of all ages.
She is also knowledge of employer advantages of hiring veterans and share with employers ways to stay in compliance with EEOCA and helps companies write policies that welcome Veterans' employment.
Back to previous meetings
Registration for this meeting is closed.